Friday, May 3, 2013

Last Minute eMail Entry

Hi Everyone,

It is Friday afternoon just before our Down on the Farm challenge closes and I just received an email entry from our friend Dawn Rogers.



Dawn wrote:

I took inspiration from a Michelle Zindorf tutorial for this (Rooster Crows – Tutorial #563) and adapted it to the materials I had.  The rooster stamp is from Clarity; the grasses are Lavinia and Art Impressions; and the fence is from Lindsay Mason (this wasn't a silhouette stamp, so I had to colour it in to make it fit the scene).

For my second entry, "Old MacDonald Had a Farm", I had stamped and water-coloured the three images, using Hobbyart stamps, at the beginning of the month, but couldn't decide how to mount them.  I've ended up rushing this tonight, so it's a bit rough & ready, but I wanted to share the stamped images with you so I hope you'll overlook the faults in the layout and embellishments 

I always enjoy having a go at your Challenges, and also browsing through the many entries and design team offerings, and I generally find some inspiration or useful tips.

Thanks Dawn!

I will be back on Sunday with our winners and next challenge theme.

NancyD



3 comments:

rachel said...

beautiful entries xx

Helen in the UK said...

Great job on both scenes, but I particularly LOVE the sunrise :)

Dora said...

hello Dawn,
beautiful cards. what do I find the sun amazing!! great coloured. very nice technique and stamps.
your second entry is een beautiful farm scene. very extended. so nice to see what different kind of stamps that you have used to creat this scene.
I like your text...haha....the song brings memory's.
thank you for your entry this month.
greetings